Fraudsters are using the details of authorised Wolverhampton-based motor broker Car Insurance 4 u, according to a warning from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
The regulator said that fraudsters use this tactic to try to convince people that they work for a genuine, authorised firm.
The FCA stated: “Almost all firms and individuals carrying out financial services activities in the UK have to be authorised or registered by us.
“This firm is not authorised or registered by us but has been
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Granite to create 300 new jobs
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Freedom partners with ThingCo to launch Pukka Tech
- People Moves Round-up: 16-20 September 2019
- Saga profits plummet in all operating areas