Fraudsters are using the details of authorised Wolverhampton-based motor broker Car Insurance 4 u, according to a warning from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
The regulator said that fraudsters use this tactic to try to convince people that they work for a genuine, authorised firm.
The FCA stated: “Almost all firms and individuals carrying out financial services activities in the UK have to be authorised or registered by us.
“This firm is not authorised or registered by us but has been
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Lloyd’s suspends employee for “inappropriate comments” – report
- Brokers monitoring capacity shortages after TMKI run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln: Figures revealed following closure of UK arm
- Market moves: Change is in the air
- GRP’s County Group purchases Eric Rawlins & Company
- Profit margins for UK brokers at highest level in eight years