Despite Brexit, the effects of another European Directive are starting to hit home ahead of its implementation.
The Insurance Distribution Directive (IDD) - which affects insurers, brokers and other insurance intermediaries - was due to be implemented by 23 February 2018 but following representations from industry representatives across Europe, its effective date may be pushed back to 1 October 2018.
While we await the decision of the European Parliament and Council on the proposed delay it is
- Former Axa claims handler jailed for fraud
- MVP snaps up stake in Ataraxia as Stuart Randall exits
- InsurTech Futures: By Miles launches pay-as-you-go motor policy
- Insurance Cares: FCA plans ‘vulnerable customers’ consultation
- FCA prepares for hard Brexit
- CII names Jonathan Clark as new president
- MVP the “ideal partner” for Ataraxia, says Stuart Randall