Despite Brexit, the effects of another European Directive are starting to hit home ahead of its implementation.
The Insurance Distribution Directive (IDD) - which affects insurers, brokers and other insurance intermediaries - was due to be implemented by 23 February 2018 but following representations from industry representatives across Europe, its effective date may be pushed back to 1 October 2018.
While we await the decision of the European Parliament and Council on the proposed delay it is
- £500,000 Gallagher fraudster jailed for 34 months
- Ardonagh sells remaining Broker Network stake in £30m deal
- Interview: Staysure’s Ryan Howsam
- The Burley Group buys Grace Corporate Insurance Services
- Car insurance premiums rose 8% in 2017
- Stuart Vann out at Esure
- Lark and Aston Scott to rebrand as Aston Lark