Despite Brexit, the effects of another European Directive are starting to hit home ahead of its implementation.
The Insurance Distribution Directive (IDD) - which affects insurers, brokers and other insurance intermediaries - was due to be implemented by 23 February 2018 but following representations from industry representatives across Europe, its effective date may be pushed back to 1 October 2018.
While we await the decision of the European Parliament and Council on the proposed delay it is
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData