Brokers getting into the office last week (4 August) to the news that LV is to be bought by global giant Allianz may have had a more dramatic ‘dum, dum duuuum’ in their heads rather than LV’s famously upbeat ‘dum diddy dum diddy dee dee’ refrain.
Last week the two firms revealed that Allianz will pay £500m for a 49% stake in the personal insurer.
In 2019 it will pay a further £213m for an additional 20.9% of the business and LV also has the option to sell all of its remaining shares to Allianz
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti