Brokers will be disrupted by InsurTech start-ups if they don’t respond to developing technology, Jonathan Howe, global InsurTech leader at PwC has warned.
Howe explained that a lot of the innovation currently happening in the InsurTech sector is directly relevant to brokers.
“At the starting point this isn’t disruptive because it all enhances the business model and can help incumbents do what they do better,” he continued.
“But a lot of what InsurTechs are focusing on could be very disruptive
- £500,000 Gallagher fraudster jailed for 34 months
- Pen confirms redundancy threat at Chelmsford
- Ardonagh sells remaining Broker Network stake in £30m deal
- Lark and Aston Scott to rebrand as Aston Lark
- Interview: Staysure’s Ryan Howsam
- Car insurance premiums rose 8% in 2017
- Biba manifesto 2018: Push to prevent regulation stifling productivity