Towergate has posted an Ebitda profit of £34.5m for the year ended 31 December 2016, compared to a loss of £38.1m in the preceding year.
The company also reported an income of £324.6m for the year, down 4.4% on the £339.6m it achieved in 2015.
It further revealed an adjusted Ebitda of £84.2m for the year (2015: £75.2m). The broker described the figure as being the management’s view of underlying profitability allowing for exceptional items and run-rate savings.
The insurance broking segment
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Aviva writing to customers after renewal transparency failing
- Brexit deal does not work for brokers, says Biba
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Aviva on top again in Brokerbility satisfaction survey