A host of activity in the managing general agent (MGA) arena has brought the strengths and challenges of operating as a ‘third force’ player into focus.
At the heart of the movement was Towergate Underwriting with a couple of eye-catching capacity agreements. One was the announcement of a £1bn deal consisting of several five-year contracts with the likes of RSA, Allianz, QBE and Zurich. But, at the same time, it emerged that Axa would no longer provide capacity for Towergate’s household MGA.
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Vivek Banga to leave Gallagher for Polaris
- Motor insurance pay-outs soar to record levels
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman
- InsurTech Futures: Start-up With Jack authorised by the FCA
- Blog: Should brokers be concerned?