A host of activity in the managing general agent (MGA) arena has brought the strengths and challenges of operating as a ‘third force’ player into focus.
At the heart of the movement was Towergate Underwriting with a couple of eye-catching capacity agreements. One was the announcement of a £1bn deal consisting of several five-year contracts with the likes of RSA, Allianz, QBE and Zurich. But, at the same time, it emerged that Axa would no longer provide capacity for Towergate’s household MGA.
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- AIG sets up “Brexit-resilient” structure
- Brunel Insurance Brokers achieves chartered status
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal