Data and technology driven broker Hood Group is moving into telematics after signing a three-year contract with start-up provider Ticker.
Until now Hood Group has focused on home and travel insurance, and the firm stated it was branching out into motoring technological solutions to offer sales and servicing provision to Ticker.
Ticker was founded by former Ingenie founder and chief executive Richard King in partnership with Munich Re and is set to launch early this year.
Former Ingenie boss
- Markerstudy buys Co-op underwriting in £185m deal
- Markerstudy to use Co-op’s brand after deal
- Aston Lark buys Irish broker Robertson Low
- Mark Cliff joins Be Wiser as NED
- Ageas consults on closure of Stoke and Port Solent operations
- Axa UK hires Shali Vasudeva as COO from Hiscox
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich partners with travel start-up Pluto