The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) has fined Moneysupermarket.com £80,000 for sending emails to customers who had previously opted out of receiving direct marketing emails.
Monysupermarket.com confirmed to the regulator that it sent 7.1m emails and of those 6.7m had been received.
The company sent 7.1m emails over 10 days updating customers with its Terms and Conditions. But all the recipients had previously opted out of direct marketing.
According to the ICO Moneysupermarket’s email
- CII sells Aldermanbury
- FCA survey reveals gaps in consumer insurance knowledge and take-up
- Turnover grows for Stackhouse Poland
- Marmalade partners with Ignite on telematics platform
- Markerstudy’s Trice app available to whitelabel for brokers
- Meet the 2017 Broker Apprentices
- Hyperion plans stake sale, reports say