The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) has fined Moneysupermarket.com £80,000 for sending emails to customers who had previously opted out of receiving direct marketing emails.
Monysupermarket.com confirmed to the regulator that it sent 7.1m emails and of those 6.7m had been received.
The company sent 7.1m emails over 10 days updating customers with its Terms and Conditions. But all the recipients had previously opted out of direct marketing.
According to the ICO Moneysupermarket’s email
- Broker Network buys Knighthood Corporate Assurance Services
- Carole Nash and Axa remain committed to Republic of Ireland bike market
- Biba signs Women in Finance Charter
- MCE blames Brexit as it pulls out of Republic of Ireland
- Markel stops writing London open market property
- GDPR: What do brokers need to know?
- Aston Lark buys Ingram Hawkins and Nock