The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) has fined Moneysupermarket.com £80,000 for sending emails to customers who had previously opted out of receiving direct marketing emails.
Monysupermarket.com confirmed to the regulator that it sent 7.1m emails and of those 6.7m had been received.
The company sent 7.1m emails over 10 days updating customers with its Terms and Conditions. But all the recipients had previously opted out of direct marketing.
According to the ICO Moneysupermarket’s email
- Former Axa claims handler jailed for fraud
- MVP snaps up stake in Ataraxia as Stuart Randall exits
- InsurTech Futures: By Miles launches pay-as-you-go motor policy
- Insurance Cares: FCA plans ‘vulnerable customers’ consultation
- FCA prepares for hard Brexit
- CII names Jonathan Clark as new president
- Whiplash reforms delayed until 2020