The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) has fined Moneysupermarket.com £80,000 for sending emails to customers who had previously opted out of receiving direct marketing emails.
Monysupermarket.com confirmed to the regulator that it sent 7.1m emails and of those 6.7m had been received.
The company sent 7.1m emails over 10 days updating customers with its Terms and Conditions. But all the recipients had previously opted out of direct marketing.
According to the ICO Moneysupermarket’s email
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product