Admiral’s recent run in with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) over renewal wording transparency should serve as a warning to brokers, according to compliance experts in the sector.
The FCA clamped down on the insurer last month after it failed to comply with the rules which require firms to show customers what they paid last year alongside their suggested renewal premium (see box below).
Admiral agreed to contact all customers who renewed their policies after 1 April – when the regulation
- £500,000 Gallagher fraudster jailed for 34 months
- Pen confirms redundancy threat at Chelmsford
- Ardonagh sells remaining Broker Network stake in £30m deal
- Lark and Aston Scott to rebrand as Aston Lark
- Biba manifesto 2018: Push to prevent regulation stifling productivity
- Interview: Staysure’s Ryan Howsam
- Car insurance premiums rose 8% in 2017