The research company claimed that it could never see any good reason for not treating all travel insurance sales under the same regulatory regime.
It went on to say that in terms of the detriment to the consumer of purchasing travel polices through tour operators and travel agents, Defaqto has for years consistently highlighted the additional cost involved, which in earlier years had been estimated to be as high as £250m.
Brian Brown, head of insight at Defaqto said: “With travel agent turno
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ensurance adds combined construction liability policy
- FCA data reveals huge surge in PPI complaints