Q: How can I prove my staff are competent if the Financial Services Authority does not insist on benchmark exams?
A: The Financial Services Authority seeks to ensure that the right thing is being done and also that it can be proved to be being done.
On one hand, the organisation is trying not to be prescriptive but on the other it is giving the insurance industry enough rope to hang itself.
However, while the responsibility for training staff is now overt and necessary, it has always been good
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Romero Group moves to Applied Epic