The Civil Liability Act is finally due to come into force in April 2020. Whilst the reform presents a considerable upheaval to the motor legal expense insurance (LEI) market, we also see great opportunities for businesses like ours to not only educate partners on the importance of LEI, but also to evolve and provide even greater value under the reforms.
Only a small percentage of road traffic accident (RTA) claims fall within the current Small Claims Court limit of £1,000. However, after April
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?