Richard Beaven has joined Brightside as chief operating officer (COO).
He took up the post on 15 April. Prior to this he was distribution director at Swinton and, according to his Linked In page, left the broker in July last year, after being made redundant. The broker had warned that there were 268 people at risk of redundancy in February 2018.
Ardonagh Group bought Swinton for £165m in September last year.
In his new role Beaven will report to Group CEO Brendan McCafferty who said this
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Allianz appoints branch leaders