Aviva’s CEO UK Insurance Andy Briggs will exit the role and resign his place as a director of the insurer from today (24 April 2019).
According to a statement from the provider the board and Briggs made the decision.
Briggs had been named as a potential successor to Mark Wilson, who left Aviva in October last year, but he was beaten to the role by Maurice Tulloch, formerly CEO International, who started this March.
Briggs will remain with the group until 23 October this year
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Martyn Holman joins Banks-owned Eldon Insurance board
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Lockton announces key hires in Birmingham and Manchester
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Hogarth Underwriting enters liquidation amid Gable collapse