Being a female business owner in the insurance industry is rewarding, but does come with a plethora of challenges.
Age is also a factor. When you are younger than most of your staff, it takes a lot of confidence to build up a management style that fits the way you run your company. Starting any business is fraught with the emotional, physical and financial challenges that come hand in hand with a start-up, but is being a woman and a business owner in insurance harder than other industries?
- RSA boss Egan "not defensive" about broker criticism
- Slow take-up of standardised Toba template was expected, says Biba
- Hiscox report shows cyber attacks are on the up
- FCA re-examines duty of care as report warns customers at risk of harm
- UKBA: Wilby says cyber win encourages new business
- FCA data reveals fall in complaints in second half of 2018
- Experts urge brokers to look over remuneration after FCA warning on GI distribution failings