Being a female business owner in the insurance industry is rewarding, but does come with a plethora of challenges.
Age is also a factor. When you are younger than most of your staff, it takes a lot of confidence to build up a management style that fits the way you run your company. Starting any business is fraught with the emotional, physical and financial challenges that come hand in hand with a start-up, but is being a woman and a business owner in insurance harder than other industries?
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Mactavish chases “ultimate failure” £30m British Steel claim
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Ardonagh losses decrease for Q1