Marshall Bailey is set to take on the position of chair of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) from 1 April 2018.
He was appointed by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and will take over from Lawrence Churchill who is stepping down after two terms.
Bailey, who is not related to FCA chief executive Andrew Bailey, has held senior positions in a number of financial services firms for over two decades.
The FCA noted that he is curren
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- Cyber hacks reported to FCA by financial firms hit 69 in 2017
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich unveils InsurTech and innovation brand