We’re now firmly in 2018 territory and the start of the year saw two insurers sell off either a stake or full ownership of a broker in quick succession.
Firstly MS Amlin cashed in its stake in broker Miles Smith offloading its share to private equity. This was swiftly followed by a massive deal which saw A-Plan buy Endsleigh from insurer Zurich.
Correct me if I am wrong but I think it is now possible to count the number of brokers owned by insurers on less than one hand.
I am certainly not su
- FCA warns on clone of Ellis David Insurance Brokers
- InsurTech Futures: Ex-Brokerbility and Aviva expert targets on-demand market
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Miller buys Alston Gayler and Co
- Blog: Does your board meet FCA standards?
- Podcast: Certus' Ben Welsh looks at the top five stories of the week
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin