We’re now firmly in 2018 territory and the start of the year saw two insurers sell off either a stake or full ownership of a broker in quick succession.
Firstly MS Amlin cashed in its stake in broker Miles Smith offloading its share to private equity. This was swiftly followed by a massive deal which saw A-Plan buy Endsleigh from insurer Zurich.
Correct me if I am wrong but I think it is now possible to count the number of brokers owned by insurers on less than one hand.
I am certainly not su
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData