We’re now firmly in 2018 territory and the start of the year saw two insurers sell off either a stake or full ownership of a broker in quick succession.
Firstly MS Amlin cashed in its stake in broker Miles Smith offloading its share to private equity. This was swiftly followed by a massive deal which saw A-Plan buy Endsleigh from insurer Zurich.
Correct me if I am wrong but I think it is now possible to count the number of brokers owned by insurers on less than one hand.
I am certainly not su
- £500,000 Gallagher fraudster jailed for 34 months
- Ardonagh sells remaining Broker Network stake in £30m deal
- Interview: Staysure’s Ryan Howsam
- The Burley Group buys Grace Corporate Insurance Services
- Car insurance premiums rose 8% in 2017
- Stuart Vann out at Esure
- Lark and Aston Scott to rebrand as Aston Lark