We’re now firmly in 2018 territory and the start of the year saw two insurers sell off either a stake or full ownership of a broker in quick succession.
Firstly MS Amlin cashed in its stake in broker Miles Smith offloading its share to private equity. This was swiftly followed by a massive deal which saw A-Plan buy Endsleigh from insurer Zurich.
Correct me if I am wrong but I think it is now possible to count the number of brokers owned by insurers on less than one hand.
I am certainly not su
- Das v Asplin: Guilty three sentenced to 15 years
- CII investigating disciplinary action for Paul Asplin after conviction
- Resisting Toba change would be “lunacy” – Tim Ryan
- Whiplash reforms delayed until 2020
- Biba launches industry standardised Toba template
- Brokerbility targeting up to 10 new members
- One Broker axes KTIB brand