Car insurance premiums fell by 4.9%, or £35, in the third quarter of 2017, according to the AA’s latest British Insurance Premium Index.
The Index Shoparound quote, which is an average of the five cheapest premiums quoted in a nationwide sample of buyers, fell from £714.85 to £679.93 over the quarter ending 30 September.
It is the first fall since Q1 2016. However, while prices have reduced from last quarter’s record high they are still 9.7% higher than this time last year.
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Market moves: Across the board
- Regional review: Cardiff
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK