Car insurance premiums fell by 4.9%, or £35, in the third quarter of 2017, according to the AA’s latest British Insurance Premium Index.
The Index Shoparound quote, which is an average of the five cheapest premiums quoted in a nationwide sample of buyers, fell from £714.85 to £679.93 over the quarter ending 30 September.
It is the first fall since Q1 2016. However, while prices have reduced from last quarter’s record high they are still 9.7% higher than this time last year.
- Das v Asplin: Guilty three sentenced to 15 years
- CII investigating disciplinary action for Paul Asplin after conviction
- Resisting Toba change would be “lunacy” – Tim Ryan
- Whiplash reforms delayed until 2020
- Biba launches industry standardised Toba template
- Brokerbility targeting up to 10 new members
- One Broker axes KTIB brand