Car insurance premiums fell by 4.9%, or £35, in the third quarter of 2017, according to the AA’s latest British Insurance Premium Index.
The Index Shoparound quote, which is an average of the five cheapest premiums quoted in a nationwide sample of buyers, fell from £714.85 to £679.93 over the quarter ending 30 September.
It is the first fall since Q1 2016. However, while prices have reduced from last quarter’s record high they are still 9.7% higher than this time last year.
- Court knocks out top cage fighter's whiplash claim
- Midas takes on Direct Group’s commercial business
- Una Conference 2017: MRIB joins Una Alliance
- Lycetts appoints Charles Foster as CEO
- MP tables motion in Parliament urging government to freeze IPT
- Amazon states “disruption” plans in job advert
- Broking Break: Your Top 5