Lloyd’s has reported pre-tax profit of £2.1bn, identical to the figure achieved in 2015. The specialist market revealed that its combined operating ratio had worsened to 97.9% for the 12 months from 90.0% the year before. However gross written premium ticked up by 12% to £29.9bn (2015: £26.7bn). Lloyd’s highlighted that conditions over the course of the year were “extremely challenging” and flagged that there was continued downwards pressure on pricing. Major claims However it added that tra
- Moneysupermarket.com fined £80,000 by Information Commissioner’s Office
- Gable policyholders receive £8.3m return payments
- FCA proposes to extend the senior management regime to more firms
- FCA publishes IDD plans
- Broker Network posts rise in revenue after "extraordinary year"
- Marmalade launches new young driver policy
- InsurTech Futures: CDL set to launch chatbot solution