Lloyd’s has reported pre-tax profit of £2.1bn, identical to the figure achieved in 2015.
The specialist market revealed that its combined operating ratio had worsened to 97.9% for the 12 months from 90.0% the year before.
However gross written premium ticked up by 12% to £29.9bn (2015: £26.7bn).
Lloyd’s highlighted that conditions over the course of the year were “extremely challenging” and flagged that there was continued downwards pressure on pricing.
However it added that
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Lloyd’s strategy change gets market backing
- Danish regulator orders Gefion not to expand its business volume
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role
- CRL close to finding replacement for Alpha policies
- FCA issues fresh clone broker warning