Lloyd’s has reported pre-tax profit of £2.1bn, identical to the figure achieved in 2015.
The specialist market revealed that its combined operating ratio had worsened to 97.9% for the 12 months from 90.0% the year before.
However gross written premium ticked up by 12% to £29.9bn (2015: £26.7bn).
Lloyd’s highlighted that conditions over the course of the year were “extremely challenging” and flagged that there was continued downwards pressure on pricing.
However it added that tra
- £500,000 Gallagher fraudster jailed for 34 months
- Pen confirms redundancy threat at Chelmsford
- Ardonagh sells remaining Broker Network stake in £30m deal
- Lark and Aston Scott to rebrand as Aston Lark
- Interview: Staysure’s Ryan Howsam
- The Burley Group buys Grace Corporate Insurance Services
- Biba manifesto 2018: Push to prevent regulation stifling productivity