Charles Randell has been appointed as the new chair of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
He will replace John Griffith-Jones on 1 April and has been given a five-year contract.
Griffith-Jones’ leaving plans were announced in June last year.
He has led the FCA since its formation after being appointed non-executive chair designate in June 2012 and taking on the role when the watchdog came into effect on 1 April 2013.
Bank of England
Randell is currently an external member of the
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Allianz appoints branch leaders
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m