The issue of brokers and managing general agents using unrated capacity is generating a lot of attention.
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has increased its interest in UK intermediaries improving their due diligence on unrated carriers. The British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) Litmus Test Report goes some way towards helping in this area, but it’s only open to Biba members and certain types of insurer are not included.
Despite the FCA’s apparent concerns, there are those who say
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Clear set to make more deals this year
- Egan reveals thinking behind RSA's commercial merger
- People Moves Round-up: 6-13 September 2019
- UK Broker Awards: Winners revealed
- FSCS pays out to Lamp GAP and health customers
- Hobbs reveals Allianz’s £35m debut at Lloyd’s
- Tokio Marine Kiln restructures management