Zurich UK has published its half-year results, posting strong growth in its general insurance business.
Operating profit at Zurich UK GI grew 144% from £76m in H1 2018 to £185m in H1 2019.
Gross written premium for the business stayed broadly level at £1.2bn. In addition, the combined operating ratio (COR) improved 9.9% over the period, falling from 95.5% to 85.6%.
Tulsi Naidu, Zurich UK’s chief executive officer, downplayed the impressive growth percentage to Insurance Age: “The
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018