Allianz has published its half-year results for 2019, showing a marginal decline in performance at the group level in the UK.
Gross written premium (GWP) fell 6.2% from £1,066.4m in H1 2018 to £1,000.2m in H1 2019, while operating profit fell 2.3% from £87.8m to £85.8m over the same periods.
Similarly, Allianz’s combined operating ratio (COR) worsened from 94.8% to 95.7%.
Allianz is undergoing transformation as a result of its decision to buy the remaining stake in LVGI, announced in
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018