RSA has reported an improved performance for the first half of 2019.
Results published today (1 August) showed that group underwriting performance improved to £181m (excluding exits) compared to £171m in the first six months of 2018.
Group total underwriting profit for H1 2019 was reported as £153m.
COR also improved slightly at 94.3% (H1 2018: 94.7%). As a group, the business appears to be recovering from last year’s shock profit warning.
Focusing on the UK & International operation,
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018