Mactavish has revealed it is representing British Steel in a disputed £30m insurance claim with Zurich Insurance and other providers including Liberty.
British Steel went into insolvency today (22 May), putting 5,000 jobs at risk.
According to Bruce Hepburn, Mactavish CEO, the insolvency of British Steel means that, if it is found that the insurers should have paid the £30m claim, they could be at risk of an additional damages claim from the manufacturer.
“This is one of the worse cases we
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs