Mactavish has revealed it is representing British Steel in a disputed £30m insurance claim with Zurich Insurance and other providers including Liberty.
British Steel went into insolvency today (22 May), putting 5,000 jobs at risk.
According to Bruce Hepburn, Mactavish CEO, the insolvency of British Steel means that, if it is found that the insurers should have paid the £30m claim, they could be at risk of an additional damages claim from the manufacturer.
“This is one of the worse cases we
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Lloyd’s suspends employee for “inappropriate comments” – report
- Brokers monitoring capacity shortages after TMKI run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln: Figures revealed following closure of UK arm
- Market moves: Change is in the air
- GRP’s County Group purchases Eric Rawlins & Company
- Profit margins for UK brokers at highest level in eight years