The 97 redundancies proposed by Allianz as it looks to close its Woking and Luton branches will be commercial roles.
Simon McGinn, Allianz general manager, commercial & personal, confirmed that the job cuts would hit commercial staff only.
He detailed: “The roles at risk are those you’d expect in a Commercial branch. They are mainly underwriters but there are also distribution and operational roles.
“We fully expect many of them to agree to relocate to other branch offices nearby.”
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Martyn Holman joins Banks-owned Eldon Insurance board
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Lockton announces key hires in Birmingham and Manchester
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Hogarth Underwriting enters liquidation amid Gable collapse