The 97 redundancies proposed by Allianz as it looks to close its Woking and Luton branches will be commercial roles.
Simon McGinn, Allianz general manager, commercial & personal, confirmed that the job cuts would hit commercial staff only.
He detailed: “The roles at risk are those you’d expect in a Commercial branch. They are mainly underwriters but there are also distribution and operational roles.
“We fully expect many of them to agree to relocate to other branch offices nearby.”
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Konsileo parts ways with four brokers
- Brokers call on HMRC to reform IPT
- Broker Network owner set to make more deals with fresh funding
- Elite proposes solvency scheme to avoid liquidation
- Two TMK executives resign amid fresh sexual harassment claims at Lloyd's
- IFB launches counter fraud database
- Motor market records best year since 1985 ahead of troubled future, says EY