The 97 redundancies proposed by Allianz as it looks to close its Woking and Luton branches will be commercial roles.
Simon McGinn, Allianz general manager, commercial & personal, confirmed that the job cuts would hit commercial staff only.
He detailed: “The roles at risk are those you’d expect in a Commercial branch. They are mainly underwriters but there are also distribution and operational roles.
“We fully expect many of them to agree to relocate to other branch offices nearby.”
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders