The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has revealed that claims frequencies fell for home insurance in 2018 while average claims payouts increased.
The findings came as the regulator collated data from 31 insurers for the year ended 31 August.
The research was part of the watchdog’s pilot project, launched in 2016, into measuring value in the general insurance market.
The FCA has also opened a consultation on making all firms submit general insurance value measures data for publication and
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK