China Reinsurance announced the completion of its takeover of Chaucer Holdings from The Hanover Insurance Group on 31 December 2018.
The deal, for $950m (£726m), was previously revealed in September last year after news of Chaucer being for sale first came out in March.
The latest step saw the 100% equity acquisition of Hanover Insurance International Holdings, go through.
However the buyout of Chaucer Insurance Company (Chaucer Dublin) and Hanover Australia remains subject to local
- David Ross accused of “not caring” about acting lawfully
- Aston Lark buys Highworth Insurance
- Zurich temporarily pulls out of direct home
- Allianz hires Gerry Ross as head of commercial motor
- Marsh-owner gains approval to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson
- Arch Insurance International invests in MGA
- First Central Insurance & Technology takes CEO from Hastings