China Reinsurance announced the completion of its takeover of Chaucer Holdings from The Hanover Insurance Group on 31 December 2018.
The deal, for $950m (£726m), was previously revealed in September last year after news of Chaucer being for sale first came out in March.
The latest step saw the 100% equity acquisition of Hanover Insurance International Holdings, go through.
However the buyout of Chaucer Insurance Company (Chaucer Dublin) and Hanover Australia remains subject to local
- Markerstudy buys Co-op underwriting in £185m deal
- Markerstudy to use Co-op’s brand after deal
- Aston Lark buys Irish broker Robertson Low
- Mark Cliff joins Be Wiser as NED
- Ageas consults on closure of Stoke and Port Solent operations
- Axa UK hires Shali Vasudeva as COO from Hiscox
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich partners with travel start-up Pluto