China Reinsurance announced the completion of its takeover of Chaucer Holdings from The Hanover Insurance Group on 31 December 2018.
The deal, for $950m (£726m), was previously revealed in September last year after news of Chaucer being for sale first came out in March.
The latest step saw the 100% equity acquisition of Hanover Insurance International Holdings, go through.
However the buyout of Chaucer Insurance Company (Chaucer Dublin) and Hanover Australia remains subject to local
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change