Home insurance premiums increase could be around the corner despite annual home insurance premiums decreasing 0.4% to £137 to October 2018 according to a report from insurance and data analytics experts Consumer Intelligence.
The average bills went down for customers over the period. However that past three months have seen increases with premiums rising 1.2% owing to claims costs from last winter.
Consumer Intelligence pricing expert John Blevins said: “Over the past 12 months claims costs
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Mactavish chases “ultimate failure” £30m British Steel claim
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Ardonagh losses decrease for Q1