Vivek Banga has been appointed as the new managing director of Polaris.
Insurance Age revealed last month that the current MD Martin McLachlan would be leaving in April 2019 after over 20 years with the business and that the organisation had narrowed its recruitment search to a shortlist of three.
Polaris, the industry e-trading standards organisation for UK general insurance, confirmed that Banga would join from Gallagher early in the New Year and work alongside McLachlan during a three month
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity