So, is it time to dust off last year’s campaign for #20Now on IPT?
For anyone who missed it, understandably as the campaign never really got going …, the very shortened version of the theory is as follows.
The government needs more money.
When IPT was invented in 1994 the rate was 2.5%.
It has risen repeatedly, particularly in recent years, to 12%.
The government needs more money, oh sorry I have said that already?
Raising IPT works. Some taxes don’t deliver what is expected. IPT
- Aviva grows mid-market appetite
- MRIB buys Independents
- Ex-Enterprise non-exec chairman Nick Cruz sues Gibraltar regulator for libel
- Unauthorised broker targets customers on Instagram
- Acturis set to seek new minority PE investor
- Saffron buys Farmer Insurance Brokers
- Biba warns of 'uncharted waters' as Theresa May's Brexit deal is rejected