So, is it time to dust off last year’s campaign for #20Now on IPT?
For anyone who missed it, understandably as the campaign never really got going …, the very shortened version of the theory is as follows.
The government needs more money.
When IPT was invented in 1994 the rate was 2.5%.
It has risen repeatedly, particularly in recent years, to 12%.
The government needs more money, oh sorry I have said that already?
Raising IPT works. Some taxes don’t deliver what is expected. IPT
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Vivek Banga to leave Gallagher for Polaris
- Motor insurance pay-outs soar to record levels
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman
- InsurTech Futures: Start-up With Jack authorised by the FCA
- Blog: Should brokers be concerned?