So, is it time to dust off last year’s campaign for #20Now on IPT?
For anyone who missed it, understandably as the campaign never really got going …, the very shortened version of the theory is as follows.
The government needs more money.
When IPT was invented in 1994 the rate was 2.5%.
It has risen repeatedly, particularly in recent years, to 12%.
The government needs more money, oh sorry I have said that already?
Raising IPT works. Some taxes don’t deliver what is expected. IPT
- David Ross accused of “not caring” about acting lawfully
- Aston Lark buys Highworth Insurance
- Zurich temporarily pulls out of direct home
- Allianz hires Gerry Ross as head of commercial motor
- Marsh-owner gains approval to buy Jardine Lloyd Thompson
- Arch Insurance International invests in MGA
- First Central Insurance & Technology takes CEO from Hastings