So, is it time to dust off last year’s campaign for #20Now on IPT?
For anyone who missed it, understandably as the campaign never really got going …, the very shortened version of the theory is as follows.
The government needs more money.
When IPT was invented in 1994 the rate was 2.5%.
It has risen repeatedly, particularly in recent years, to 12%.
The government needs more money, oh sorry I have said that already?
Raising IPT works. Some taxes don’t deliver what is expected. IPT
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Investors value Ardonagh at £1.9bn