So, is it time to dust off last year’s campaign for #20Now on IPT?
For anyone who missed it, understandably as the campaign never really got going …, the very shortened version of the theory is as follows.
The government needs more money.
When IPT was invented in 1994 the rate was 2.5%.
It has risen repeatedly, particularly in recent years, to 12%.
The government needs more money, oh sorry I have said that already?
Raising IPT works. Some taxes don’t deliver what is expected. IPT
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Mactavish criticises industry for "knee-jerk reaction" in hardening market
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Acquis backers Dunedin to pursue more insurance deals