Two fraudsters were sentenced yesterday (9 October) to 18 years for a fraudulent scheme which saw them force motorists into 500 deliberate collisions around Slough.
The Insurance Fraud Bureau stated that the “dangerous insurance fraudsters” had been sentenced but one, Boota Ram, of Faraday Road, Slough, failed to attend court and has absconded. Police have issued a warrant for his arrest.
Following a four week trial at Reading Crown Court, Ram was sentenced to nine years’ imprisonment for Cons
- FCA warns on clone of Ellis David Insurance Brokers
- InsurTech Futures: Ex-Brokerbility and Aviva expert targets on-demand market
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Miller buys Alston Gayler and Co
- Blog: Does your board meet FCA standards?
- Podcast: Certus' Ben Welsh looks at the top five stories of the week
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin