Two fraudsters were sentenced yesterday (9 October) to 18 years for a fraudulent scheme which saw them force motorists into 500 deliberate collisions around Slough.
The Insurance Fraud Bureau stated that the “dangerous insurance fraudsters” had been sentenced but one, Boota Ram, of Faraday Road, Slough, failed to attend court and has absconded. Police have issued a warrant for his arrest.
Following a four week trial at Reading Crown Court, Ram was sentenced to nine years’ imprisonment for
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns