Two fraudsters were sentenced yesterday (9 October) to 18 years for a fraudulent scheme which saw them force motorists into 500 deliberate collisions around Slough.
The Insurance Fraud Bureau stated that the “dangerous insurance fraudsters” had been sentenced but one, Boota Ram, of Faraday Road, Slough, failed to attend court and has absconded. Police have issued a warrant for his arrest.
Following a four week trial at Reading Crown Court, Ram was sentenced to nine years’ imprisonment for
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Mactavish chases “ultimate failure” £30m British Steel claim
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Ardonagh losses decrease for Q1