Two fraudsters were sentenced yesterday (9 October) to 18 years for a fraudulent scheme which saw them force motorists into 500 deliberate collisions around Slough.
The Insurance Fraud Bureau stated that the “dangerous insurance fraudsters” had been sentenced but one, Boota Ram, of Faraday Road, Slough, failed to attend court and has absconded. Police have issued a warrant for his arrest.
Following a four week trial at Reading Crown Court, Ram was sentenced to nine years’ imprisonment for
- Andy Fairchild exits Broker Network
- Ed appoints broking CEO
- Members surprised at Fairchild’s Broker Network exit
- InsurTech: Meet the tech insiders
- Stackhouse Poland buys Property Insurance Initiatives
- Broking success: Toby Clegg, chief executive officer, Clegg Gifford
- Call for evidence on discount rate setting welcomed