China Reinsurance has bought Chaucer Group from Hanover Insurance for $950m (£726m).
The sum is made up of $865m in cash and a pre-signing dividend from Chaucer of $85m received in the second quarter of this year.
The deal consists of Hanover Insurance International Holdings, Chaucer Insurance and Hanover Australia.
It is subject to shareholder and regulatory approval and is expected to close later this year or in the first quarter of 2019.
News of Chaucer being for sale first surfaced this
- Premium Credit explains taking system offline
- Gallagher and Ardonagh in legal dispute
- Broker named on FSCS insolvency list
- MMC confirms up to 3,750 jobs in danger from JLT takeover
- MMC boss Dan Glaser lifts the lid on the 11 day JLT deal
- Ex broker jailed for £140,000 fraud
- Brokers see opportunity in MMC’s JLT takeover