As of 1 January 2019 the Danish Guarantee Fund, the country’s equivalent of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS), will only pay out to policyholders in Denmark in the event of a local insurer failure following a change in the nation’s law.
The FSCS confirmed to Insurance Age that there would be no negative net impact on UK consumers.
A spokesperson said: “Any UK policyholder that before the rule change would have been covered by us will continue to be covered by us.”
The news has
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure