Tax to the UK government from Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) last year reached £6bn, up 22% on the £4.88bn reported the previous year.
Accountancy firm UHY Hacker Young said the Government forecast that the Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) increase would generate an extra £680m in tax raised. However, the added tax raised from businesses and consumers was £808m for the year ending 31 March 2018 - 19% more than the original prediction.
UHY Hacker Young stated that the income generated by Insurance
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure