Tax to the UK government from Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) last year reached £6bn, up 22% on the £4.88bn reported the previous year.
Accountancy firm UHY Hacker Young said the Government forecast that the Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) increase would generate an extra £680m in tax raised. However, the added tax raised from businesses and consumers was £808m for the year ending 31 March 2018 - 19% more than the original prediction.
UHY Hacker Young stated that the income generated by Insurance Prem
- Premium Credit explains taking system offline
- Gallagher and Ardonagh in legal dispute
- Broker named on FSCS insolvency list
- MMC confirms up to 3,750 jobs in danger from JLT takeover
- MMC boss Dan Glaser lifts the lid on the 11 day JLT deal
- Ex broker jailed for £140,000 fraud
- Brokers see opportunity in MMC’s JLT takeover