Hiscox has appointed Ben Horton as chief underwriting officer (CUO) for UK & Ireland joining from Zurich where he spent four years as EMEA claims director.
Prior to this he spent eight years at RSA in a variety of commercial roles including head of strategic sourcing, commercial operations director and personal claims director.
Richard Watson remains group CUO and Joanne Musselle stays as CUO of Hiscox Retail covering the US, Europe and the UK having taken up the post at the start of the year.
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Three directors out as Policy Expert buys loss-making Sure Thing!
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Markel launches tech sector proposition
- Zurich-owned N&G launches new small craft product