Hiscox has appointed Ben Horton as chief underwriting officer (CUO) for UK & Ireland joining from Zurich where he spent four years as EMEA claims director.
Prior to this he spent eight years at RSA in a variety of commercial roles including head of strategic sourcing, commercial operations director and personal claims director.
Richard Watson remains group CUO and Joanne Musselle stays as CUO of Hiscox Retail covering the US, Europe and the UK having taken up the post at the start of the year.
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Allianz appoints branch leaders
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m