Danish-based unrated Alpha Insurance has been declared bankrupt after a filing by the liquidators.
The Danish Financial Supervisory Authority has urged all policyholders to seek new policies as all existing cover has been terminated.
Claims already filed may be met by the Danish Guarantee Fund in certain categories and new claims can be “incurred” until 5 June but must be lodged by 8 November 2018.
Outside of the select categories and dates future claims will need to be made to the bankruptcy
- RSA boss Egan "not defensive" about broker criticism
- Andy Briggs to leave Aviva
- Qudos replacement policies reignite unrated debate
- Hiscox report shows cyber attacks are on the up
- Slow take-up of standardised Toba template was expected, says Biba
- Experts predict further changes at Aviva following Briggs' exit
- FCA re-examines duty of care as report warns customers at risk of harm