Danish-based unrated Alpha Insurance has been declared bankrupt after a filing by the liquidators.
The Danish Financial Supervisory Authority has urged all policyholders to seek new policies as all existing cover has been terminated.
Claims already filed may be met by the Danish Guarantee Fund in certain categories and new claims can be “incurred” until 5 June but must be lodged by 8 November 2018.
Outside of the select categories and dates future claims will need to be made to the bankruptcy
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- NED salaries in the insurance sector revealed
- Mactavish criticises industry for "knee-jerk reaction" in hardening market
- FSCS agrees Alpha replacement cover deal
- ABI bites back on discount rate
- Brokers must transform to evade threat of AI - report
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns