Danish-based unrated Alpha Insurance has been declared bankrupt after a filing by the liquidators.
The Danish Financial Supervisory Authority has urged all policyholders to seek new policies as all existing cover has been terminated.
Claims already filed may be met by the Danish Guarantee Fund in certain categories and new claims can be “incurred” until 5 June but must be lodged by 8 November 2018.
Outside of the select categories and dates future claims will need to be made to the bankruptcy
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aston Lark on cusp of £320m Goldman Sachs investment
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Biba will return to Manchester in 2020
- Esure hires former Aviva UKGI boss David McMillan as CEO
- Majority of brokers report high stress levels
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal