The Senior Managers & Certification Regime (SMCR) legislation, which has been in place for banks and lenders since 2016, is being extended to insurers from December 2018.
Brokers will come under the scope of the regime in 2019.
It will effectively replace the Senior Insurance Managers Regime (SIMR) with a new set of guidelines designed to protect customers and make individuals more accountable for their conduct and competence.
As well as targeting senior employees the new rules mean a code of
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Investors value Ardonagh at £1.9bn
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey