The Senior Managers & Certification Regime (SMCR) legislation, which has been in place for banks and lenders since 2016, is being extended to insurers from December 2018.
Brokers will come under the scope of the regime in 2019.
It will effectively replace the Senior Insurance Managers Regime (SIMR) with a new set of guidelines designed to protect customers and make individuals more accountable for their conduct and competence.
As well as targeting senior employees the new rules mean a code of
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Sure Thing! to be rebranded following sale to Policy Expert
- Romero Group moves to Applied Epic
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand