Managing general agents (MGAs) have become a significant force in the insurance market over the last 10 years. But, with a number of threats on the horizon, there are concerns the recent growth in the market could be a bubble.
The market has certainly grown rapidly, says MGA Association (MGAA) managing director Peter Staddon. “When I joined the MGAA back in November 2013 we had 70 members writing around £2bn of business. Today we have 131 members writing more than £4bn of business.”
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Three directors out as Policy Expert buys loss-making Sure Thing!
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Markel launches tech sector proposition
- Zurich-owned N&G launches new small craft product