Charity Citizens Advice has suggested that insurance companies could be charging up to 13m UK households too much for their insurance cover.
A poll conducted for the charity found that older people are particularly vulnerable to these costs.
According to the research 40% of people over 65 have had their home insurance policy for over five years, which the report stated means they could be paying 70% more than a new customer would for the same policy.
It continued that for someone with the
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Lloyd’s strategy change gets market backing
- Danish regulator orders Gefion not to expand its business volume
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role
- CRL close to finding replacement for Alpha policies
- Insurance Cares: FCA consults on travel cover for people with medical issues