Comprehensive car insurance premiums for Q3 2017 have fallen by an average of £9, or 1.1% according to the Confused Car Insurance Price Index which it produces in association with Willis Towers Watson.
The average price was £838 and experts suggested that prices have fallen due to insurers adjusting premium in anticipation of an Ogden/discount rate adjustment.
According to the figures in the Index this reduction follows one of the sharpest rises on record seen in the previous quarter as
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Lloyd’s strategy change gets market backing
- Danish regulator orders Gefion not to expand its business volume
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role
- CRL close to finding replacement for Alpha policies
- FCA issues fresh clone broker warning