Shares in insurer esure rose after the weekend following reports that Sir Peter Wood had held informal discussions about selling his 30.8% share in the business.
The Sunday Times reported that Wood had discussed a stake sale with potential buyers – a move which could prompt the sale of the whole business according to the article.
It also noted that a number of insurance bosses had claimed to have been contacted in recent weeks in order to test if there was interest in the deal.
At the time of
- Bollington launches MGA
- Pukka’s Sam White launches Freedom Brokers
- Zurich explores Endsleigh sale - report
- Meet the Broker Apprentices 2017: Luke Abbots-Darbyshire
- Complaints hit 3.32m for first half of 2017
- InsurTech Futures: Nigel Barton’s Wrisk app launches £500,000 crowdfunding round
- Ecclesiastical launches standalone fine art product for brokers