Shares in insurer esure rose after the weekend following reports that Sir Peter Wood had held informal discussions about selling his 30.8% share in the business.
The Sunday Times reported that Wood had discussed a stake sale with potential buyers – a move which could prompt the sale of the whole business according to the article.
It also noted that a number of insurance bosses had claimed to have been contacted in recent weeks in order to test if there was interest in the deal.
At the time of
Read the latest issue of Insurance Age here
- Insurance industry welcomes Ogden rate reform
- Lloyd’s slumps to £2bn loss for 2017
- Pen Underwriting makes 11 redundant at Chelmsford office
- Claimant lawyers hit out at government’s discount rate reform
- Discount rate reform unveiled by the government
- Ian Gosden retires from GRP-owned Higos
- Hayley Robinson takes on CUO role at Zurich UK