Admiral-owned price comparison website Confused.com saw profit halved for the first six months of 2017.
The interim report showed that profit before tax fell to £4.5m following the £8.3m made in the same period last year.
Total revenue across its comparison sites business grew to £72.5m an increase on the £64.0m which came in during the first half of 2016.
The group results also revealed that the direct provider’s UK insurance turnover grew to £1.14bn (H1 2016: £1.03bn) and total premiums
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Mactavish criticises industry for "knee-jerk reaction" in hardening market
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Acquis backers Dunedin to pursue more insurance deals