ERS has reported a trading loss of £13m for the first six months of 2017, compared to a profit of £7.2m for the same period last year.
The combined ratio was 107.6% and GWP also dropped from £221.2m last year to £212.6m.
Last year for the full year the insurer reported a small profit of £1.7m and a COR of 102.3%.
CEO Ian Parker said the half year performance was in line with expectations but added: “While the Ogden discount ruling has adversely affected our H1 financial performance, we
- CII sells Aldermanbury
- Turnover grows for Stackhouse Poland
- Marmalade partners with Ignite on telematics platform
- FCA survey reveals gaps in consumer insurance knowledge and take-up
- Markerstudy’s Trice app available to whitelabel for brokers
- Hyperion plans stake sale, reports say
- Broker Expo 2017: The agenda