ERS has reported a trading loss of £13m for the first six months of 2017, compared to a profit of £7.2m for the same period last year.
The combined ratio was 107.6% and GWP also dropped from £221.2m last year to £212.6m.
Last year for the full year the insurer reported a small profit of £1.7m and a COR of 102.3%.
CEO Ian Parker said the half year performance was in line with expectations but added: “While the Ogden discount ruling has adversely affected our H1 financial performance, we
- Former Axa claims handler jailed for fraud
- MVP snaps up stake in Ataraxia as Stuart Randall exits
- InsurTech Futures: By Miles launches pay-as-you-go motor policy
- Insurance Cares: FCA plans ‘vulnerable customers’ consultation
- FCA prepares for hard Brexit
- CII names Jonathan Clark as new president
- MVP the “ideal partner” for Ataraxia, says Stuart Randall