ERS has reported a trading loss of £13m for the first six months of 2017, compared to a profit of £7.2m for the same period last year.
The combined ratio was 107.6% and GWP also dropped from £221.2m last year to £212.6m.
Last year for the full year the insurer reported a small profit of £1.7m and a COR of 102.3%.
CEO Ian Parker said the half year performance was in line with expectations but added: “While the Ogden discount ruling has adversely affected our H1 financial performance, we
Read the latest issue of Insurance Age here
- Insurance industry welcomes Ogden rate reform
- Pen Underwriting makes 11 redundant at Chelmsford office
- Lloyd’s slumps to £2bn loss for 2017
- Broker Network buys Knighthood Corporate Assurance Services
- Claimant lawyers hit out at government’s discount rate reform
- Discount rate reform unveiled by the government
- Trade credit insurer pay-outs at highest level since 2009