ERS has reported a trading loss of £13m for the first six months of 2017, compared to a profit of £7.2m for the same period last year.
The combined ratio was 107.6% and GWP also dropped from £221.2m last year to £212.6m.
Last year for the full year the insurer reported a small profit of £1.7m and a COR of 102.3%.
CEO Ian Parker said the half year performance was in line with expectations but added: “While the Ogden discount ruling has adversely affected our H1 financial performance, we
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product