ERS has reported a trading loss of £13m for the first six months of 2017, compared to a profit of £7.2m for the same period last year.
The combined ratio was 107.6% and GWP also dropped from £221.2m last year to £212.6m.
Last year for the full year the insurer reported a small profit of £1.7m and a COR of 102.3%.
CEO Ian Parker said the half year performance was in line with expectations but added: “While the Ogden discount ruling has adversely affected our H1 financial performance, we
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti