The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has published proposals to extend the senior managers and certification regime (SM&CR) to almost all regulated firms.
This follows on from the news from October 2015, when HM Treasury announced its intention to extend the SM&CR to all sectors of the financial services industry.
The FCA noted that the new regime will essentially replace the approved persons regime.
According to the regulator, the aim of the new regime is to reduce harm to consumers an
- Former Axa claims handler jailed for fraud
- MVP snaps up stake in Ataraxia as Stuart Randall exits
- InsurTech Futures: By Miles launches pay-as-you-go motor policy
- Insurance Cares: FCA plans ‘vulnerable customers’ consultation
- FCA prepares for hard Brexit
- CII names Jonathan Clark as new president
- MVP the “ideal partner” for Ataraxia, says Stuart Randall