The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has published proposals to extend the senior managers and certification regime (SM&CR) to almost all regulated firms.
This follows on from the news from October 2015, when HM Treasury announced its intention to extend the SM&CR to all sectors of the financial services industry.
The FCA noted that the new regime will essentially replace the approved persons regime.
According to the regulator, the aim of the new regime is to reduce harm to consumers an
- FCA warns of unauthorised firm targeting the UK
- InsurTech Futures: Start-up InsurePal to launch UK motor offering in 2018
- Acturis adds non-standard property MGA U-Sure to panel
- Predictions for 2018: The CII's Sian Fisher
- Profits up again at A-Plan
- Review of the year: July 2017
- PIB buys Citynet Insurance Brokers