Flood Re has assisted 127,326 policyholders in getting flood cover for their homes in its first year of operation according to the provider’s results ended 31 March 2017.
The results also showed that Flood Re made a pre-tax profit of £130m having collected £180m levy income and a gross written premium of £28m. Profit after tax was £104.1m.
The organisation noted that “relatively benign weather since the scheme’s launch” on 4 April 2016 has resulted in few claims being made.
Its operating and
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Hobbs reveals Allianz’s £35m debut at Lloyd’s
- Clear set to make more deals this year
- UK Broker Awards: Winners revealed
- Tokio Marine Kiln restructures management
- FSCS pays out to Lamp GAP and health customers
- People Moves Round-up: 6-13 September 2019
- Egan reveals thinking behind RSA's commercial merger