Flood Re has assisted 127,326 policyholders in getting flood cover for their homes in its first year of operation according to the provider’s results ended 31 March 2017.
The results also showed that Flood Re made a pre-tax profit of £130m having collected £180m levy income and a gross written premium of £28m. Profit after tax was £104.1m.
The organisation noted that “relatively benign weather since the scheme’s launch” on 4 April 2016 has resulted in few claims being made.
Its operating and
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change