Flood Re has assisted 127,326 policyholders in getting flood cover for their homes in its first year of operation according to the provider’s results ended 31 March 2017.
The results also showed that Flood Re made a pre-tax profit of £130m having collected £180m levy income and a gross written premium of £28m. Profit after tax was £104.1m.
The organisation noted that “relatively benign weather since the scheme’s launch” on 4 April 2016 has resulted in few claims being made.
Its operating and
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Aston Lark on cusp of £320m Goldman Sachs investment
- Esure hires former Aviva UKGI boss David McMillan as CEO
- Biba will return to Manchester in 2020
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- FCA warns of clone MGA