Covéa Insurance made a profit before tax of £38.4m in 2016, up 198% on the £12.9m it reported in 2015. Gross written premium increased by 41% to £666.3m (2015: £473m). Additionally, the combined operating ratio (COR) improved by 0.7 percentage points to 96.2% from 96.9%. The results reflected its first full year of trading since its purchase of high net worth insurer Sterling Insurance. The insurer said the growth in profit was because of the claims equalisation provision on the implementat
- Moneysupermarket.com fined £80,000 by Information Commissioner’s Office
- Gable policyholders receive £8.3m return payments
- FCA proposes to extend the senior management regime to more firms
- FCA publishes IDD plans
- Broker Network posts rise in revenue after "extraordinary year"
- Marmalade launches new young driver policy
- InsurTech Futures: CDL set to launch chatbot solution