Over the last 12 months a fifth of brokers flocked to social media channels LinkedIn and Twitter as their main choice of use, according to research by Ecclesiastical.
Looking at 250 brokers in February and March 2017, the insurer found that 22% used LinkedIn for the first time in the last 12 months, 20.8% adopted Twitter and 19.2% started using Facebook.
It found however, that the top new customer contact channel was email, at 41.2%, while 27.7% have used paid for advertising for the first time
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- NED salaries in the insurance sector revealed
- Mactavish criticises industry for "knee-jerk reaction" in hardening market
- FSCS agrees Alpha replacement cover deal
- ABI bites back on discount rate
- Brokers must transform to evade threat of AI - report
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns