Aviva's 2016 results have revealed a combined operating ratio (COR) of 112.3% in UK commercial lines business.
The provider detailed that without the change in the discount rate - also known as the Ogden rate - it would have achieved a 96.2% figure.
This would still have been marginally above 2015 when it posted 95.8%.
According to Aviva the uptick was due to lower prior year releases and the impact of a continued soft rate environment although it admitted to having benefited from
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- NED salaries in the insurance sector revealed
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Mactavish criticises industry for "knee-jerk reaction" in hardening market
- FSCS agrees Alpha replacement cover deal
- ABI bites back on discount rate
- Brokers must transform to evade threat of AI - report
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns