The Lord Chancellor and Justice Secretary, Liz Truss, has cut the discount rate - also known as the Ogden rate - from 2.5% to minus 0.75% effective 20 March 2017.
The rate is used by courts when applying a calculation to the returns on the lowest risk investments, typically Index Linked Gilts, for victims of life-changing injuries who accept lump sum compensation payments.
The actual amount they receive is adjusted according to the interest they can expect to earn by investing it.
By making t
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Do you know what to do if you get hacked?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Allianz to delist Euler Hermes on 27 April